Wednesday, December 10, 2008

blog three

1. What might it be like to be in a society where there are no "selves" and "we" has replaced "I"? This question that has been opposed opun me is one quit puzzling in a way. I think that this would take away a lot of misunderstood perceptions of people which others oppose on them at times. When speaking of no "selves" this could stop a lot of greed but at the same time courrpt a person because no one is the same, because if there are no selves then it's we. Then again, if there is I how can we become we?2.I think that names give an effect of what her concept is, as far as what the book is about. Often as the reader, reads you can notice that the character is not exactly addressed with a name but, with a number. Which is strange to me ,because I haven't yet graspped a full understanding of Ms.Rands writing.3. I believe that the unspeakable word could possible change if used. This may happen only if, the people who take offense to it changes it's purpose. With this being said, over time in history we have seen the effect of words that it may have on one, but then in the long run it changes meaning for the one it was meant to take offense to but still has the same history in pass behind it.

No comments: